Quality Maine Made Products …. DEEP IN THE WOODS GIFT SHOP has been bringing you quality arts & crafts since 1999. We continue to grow and now feature over 75 of the BEST artisans in the State of Maine. DEEP IN THE WOODS GIFT SHOP is a consignment shop so you never know what will be coming through the door. If you are looking for something that is unique, one of a kind, and Made in Maine, you should check us out. Most of our products are one-of-a-kind so what you see in our catalog is just a representation of our shop. If you are looking for something you don't see, please give me a call, I may have what you are looking for!
LATEST NEWS: If you are ever on Rt. 1 in Milbridge, Maine~make sure to stop in at the Schooner Gallery where you will find some of our unique products available in their gift shop.
- GAMES/TOYS: Hand carved Chess Set in the Christmas theme with snowmen, Mr. & Mrs. Claus, trees, North Pole signs, and presents. We have oak cribbage boards & tic-tac-toe.
- LODGE/INDOOR DECOR: Hand carved "Woodspirits", Santa's, ornaments & Relief Carvings, Fiddlehead Art using copper & burls, Scrollwork bear & deer hat/coat racks. We have photography, original artwork (commissions welcomed) & prints, potato baskets, Walker's lamps using driftwood, recycled skis, snowshoes, blow torches & handsaws. We also have stained glass and painted glassware.
- FIBER ART: Quilts, wallhangings, table runners, crocheted doilies & afghans, felted bowls & birdhouses, framed cross stitch, and limited edition of the original "County Quilt" kits.
- CANDLES: We hand pour our own long lasting very fragrant gel candles. Available in 5, 10, and 16 oz. jars in a wide selection of scents.
- COOKING/KITCHEN USE: Jams & Jellies, Maple syrup, Maple sugar, Maple candy, Bee's honey, & ploye mix, food safe turned wooden bowls, pottery, wood burned cutting boards, Corian cutting boards, and some very nice clothespin bags and aprons.
- CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES: Home knit/crocheted sweaters, hats, scarves, socks & mittens, quilted handbags, tote bags & market bags, and a fine line of imported alpaca clothing & accessories.
- DOLLS: Mohair and recycled real fur bears made right here in Aroostook County, Alpaca & Vicuna babies imported from Peru, and collectible porcelain dolls.
- PERSONAL CARE: We have handmade soap in a lot of luscious scents that are very gentle to the skin. We have just added Goat's Milk Soap and Goat's Milk & Honey Lotions to our line. There is a substantial herbal apothecary available as well.
- JEWELRY: Layers of vibrant art and dichroic glass are cut, assembled, and kiln-fused to produce these striking pendants, earrings, and bracelets. Sterling silver or gold-plated findings finish each piece. Pendant bails will accommodate most chains or you may purchase a neck wire separately. Though some designs are similar, no two are exactly alike, making each piece uniquely yours.
- We also have button bracelets, wired jewelry, beaded sets, and some vintage pieces.
- STATIONERY/GREETING CARDS: We offer a large assortment of original photo cards, art print cards & postcards by local photographers and artists, note cards, notepads, and journals. In addition to the local offerings, there is a selection of Leanin’ Tree cards as well.
- INK PENS: Exquisite selection of individual ink pens/desk sets turned from Moose/Deer antlers, ammunition cartridges, animal scat or fine pieces of native woods including “teacher pens”.
- BOOKS: Most of our books are by Maine Authors or about Maine. Our newest books are A Trapper's Legacy and Golden Needles in addition to some of the favorites Bound for Munsungun, Old Maine Woman, The Pig Scramble, My Cat-Coon Cat and cookbooks!
- PRIMITIVES: Hand crafted Crow's just arrived.
- FURNITURE: Children’s table and chair set, doll chairs, & doll crib complete with pad and matching crib quilt and pillow. Knotty pine clothes drying racks.
- OUTDOOR/GARDEN DECOR: Rustic bird feeders & birdhouses for chickadees, bluebirds, and wrens, hand-carved birdfeeders & garden gnome stakes, stained glass lanterns/windchimes, and pewter w/silverware wind chimes. AND our fresh balsam Christmas trees during the holiday season, plus a whole lot more!!!
- ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES: We have a number of items that our consignees have brought to us ..Carnival & Cambridge glassware, dinnerware pieces, baskets, World War II head lamp, vintage red Hudson Bay Blanket, and more. I have a service for 12 of the Denby Ramshead blue Authentic English Stoneware~Handmade in England with extra companion pieces and more!
- PERENNIALS: We garden for the enjoyment of it all so you will see grasses, flowers, and shrubs galore. And yes, even weeds. Between the moose, deer, birds, bees, butterflies, dragonflies, frogs, foxes, bunnies, etc. there is always a lot of action going on here. This is why we garden…to enjoy nature. Come Spring, we will have field grown perennials from our gardens~hopefully! This is not a sure thing. Our local deer herd keeps us busy trying out different plants to grow that they won’t eat. Trial and error and it has been a long, enjoyable ride. We are an official National Wildlife Federation Certified Wildlife Habitat site.
If you are ever in the neighborhood, stop by and check us out. The coffee is always on!! Open Friday ~ Tuesday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or by chance/appointment. We are in Aroostook County, aka “Crown of Maine”, "The Other Maine", or “Top of Maine” (33 miles North of Patten and 8 miles South of Masardis) Turn off Rt. 11 onto the OxBow Rd. We are 3 miles in on the right. Watch for the wildlife and enjoy the ride.